Joseph (Joe) Bromeland was born and raised in Blue Earth, Minnesota, and is happy to have chosen his hometown as the place to establish his legal career. He is the oldest son of Robert and Barbara Bromeland of Blue Earth, and the grandson of McRea and Rita Willmert of Blue Earth and the late Melvin and Betty Bromeland, formerly of Frost.
Joe is responsible for much of the firm’s litigation and trial work. He has built a strong regional practice representing local government entities in a wide range of civil litigation matters throughout southern Minnesota, including personal injury defense, land use and zoning issues, civil rights claims and eminent domain proceedings. Joe also represents many private clients and businesses in all types of litigation matters, including contract disputes, construction defects, employment discrimination and wrongful termination, mechanic’s lien foreclosure actions, probate and inheritance disputes, and family law.
Many know Joe as the author of two legal (or sometimes humor) columns which are published in the Faribault County area. He authors the “Legal Notes” column for the quarterly newsletter of South Central Mutual Insurance Company, and also writes the bi-monthly column entitled “Legal Corner with Joseph Bromeland” for the Faribault County Register newspaper.
In his free time, Joe enjoys spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and his family and friends. He is an avid (but often times, poor) golfer, and also enjoys bicycling, spending time on the lake, and watching Minnesota sports teams.
- Shareholding Attorney, Wendland Sellers Bromeland, P.A., 2007 to present
- Associate Attorney, Rajkowski Hansmeier, Ltd., St. Cloud, Minnesota, 2002-2006
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Frederick J. Casey, Crow Wing County, Minnesota, 2001-2002.
- Juris Doctorate from William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, Class of 2001
- B.A. in Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, Class of 1998
- Graduate of Blue Earth Area High School, Class of 1994
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member of the 17th District Bar Association
- Member of the Faribault County Bar Association
- Member of Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and Governmental Liability Committee
- Member of Blue Earth Lions Club
- Member of the Board of Directors of Riverside Town & Country Club